Technical Advisor- Legal
A growing Austin-based commercial litigation and intellectual property law firm is seeking a Technical Advisor to join their team.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is interested in pursuing or continuing a career in the law, with emphasis placed on the engineering and/or technical side of legal arguments. The position would involve:
- developing patent infringement read strategies;
- researching and analyzing infringement;
- creating claim charts to demonstrate said infringement reads;
- Presenting infringement reads to opposing counsel;
- Drafting and preparing Legal documents. Ex: Complaints, Interrogatories, Motions, etc.;
- Potential travel and trial preparation, including being the hot-seat trial software operator.
This opportunity is well-suited for someone who has a technical degree or demonstrated technical experience (ideally in engineering or computer science). Interest in IP law and/or the technical side of law. It also suits the independent self-starter personality.
As for our firm, we are a small office comprised of dedicated individuals who are passionate about our work, delivering the best to clients and helping each other as a team. We are located near the Westlake area on Bee Caves Road and Loop 360.
Please submit cover letter, resume and writing sample below.